Facing a DUI (Driving Under the Influence) charge in Washington State?
We can help you! We are experienced DUI defense attorneys and represent clients accused of DUI day in and day out, every day, every year.
We have been doing it, collectively, for over three decades. We are passionate about our work and will be doing it for years to come.
Give Us A Call: 206-467-2607
We have helped hundreds of people who are in a similar situation to you fight their charges.
We have had great results, with many people having their Seattle DUI or Washington DUI cases dismissed, reduced to a lesser charge, or found not guilty after a trial.
What You Can Do Now:
We have designed this web site to try and answer every Washington DUI or Seattle DUI question that you may have. We did this because we know that knowledge is power and we wanted to give you back some of the power that you may feel you have lost from your arrest.
We understand after an arrest for a Washington State DUI, many people have feelings of despair, hopelessness, and even anger. We are here to tell you that there is hope that your charge will be successfully resolved and even more importantly, that you will make it through this period.
We would like the opportunity to meet with you and discuss your Washington DUI related case. Please give us a call at 206-467-2607 or email us so that we can begin to help you resolve your case.
Now you know that we represent people accused of Seattle DUIs or Washington State DUIs.
Here is what you can expect when you contact us to help you with your DUI -
Free Initial Consultation:
We meet with you in our Seattle office, for free and for as long as it takes.
We like to do this DUI consultation in person (not over the phone) because this is the best way to hear about your case and give you legal advice.
There is simply no substitute for a face to face meeting.
At that meeting we:
- Review the facts of what happened the night you were stopped for your Washington State DUI or DWI;
- Identify potential issues that may make it difficult for the government to prosecute you on your Washington State DUI;
- Describe the Washington State DUI law, as well as, the WA State DUI procedure that you will be facing over the next few months;
- Outline different options you may have in your Washington DUI case; and,
- Provide you with a "game plan" in the form of a list of things to do to help you resolve your Washington or Seattle DUI charges in the best possible manner.
If you decide that one of us is a good fit to work with you on your Washington DUI (it is your choice who you work with and promise not to hard sell you, we only want to work with people who want to work with us) then we will we begin representing you in your Washington State DUI charges. We represent people all over the state on DUI Charges, but most often in Seattle and King, Pierce and Snohomish Counties.
- Attending all court hearings with you, including your Department of Licensing Hearing;
- Answering all your phone calls, emails and questions within 1 day (usually immediately);
- Investigating your case;
- Advising you of your options for your Washington DUI charges and giving you our opinion of what you should do;
- Reviewing the DUI arrest report with you;
- Aggressively fighting your case – this means negotiating with the prosecutor, filing legal motions, representing you in court; and doing whatever it takes to get you the best deal possible for your DUI charge. (Please note, if you want fist pounding, shouting and screaming lawyers, we are not for you – that is not our style. We have found that we get the best results by being ourselves - civilized, honest and hardworking, not by grandstanding).
- Being there to “hold your hand” throughout the entire DUI process – beginning to end, in court, in the office, and over the phone.
We strive to be a firm of integrity. Here are our goals:
- Direct and no-nonsense
- Excellent at what we do
- Provide top-notch customer service
- Respected by judges, prosecutors and other lawyers.
Based upon feedback from our clients, it appears that we are living up to these goals and are committed to doing so in the future.
Who We Are:
We feel fortunate that other people have recognized us for being good at what we do. Here is some information about our backgrounds and accomplishments:
* “Super Lawyer” recipient by peers in Washington Law & Politics Magazine.
* "Superb Lawyer" and 10 out of 10 rating on Avvo.
* Speaker and chair of seminars regarding DUI defense.
* In July 2002, I discovered a problem with the breath-testing machine - the "caretakers" (Washington State Patrol Breath Test Technicians) of the machine were not following all the rules for calibrating it. I successfully litigated this issue and was able to suppress thousands of breath tests around the state. As reported on the front page of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, and other periodicals around Washington State, this meant that for my clients, as well as other people who fell under the time period when the instrument was not being properly calibrated, if the breath test showed a reading above a .08 BAC, then it would be kept out of evidence and no judge or jury would ever learn of the result if the DUI went to trial.
* Legislative Liaison for the Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. In this role I wrote, lobbied for and passed three laws that help people accused Washington State DUI.
* Graduate of Gerry Spence's Trial Lawyers College. Mr. Spence is one of the best known trial attorneys in the world and he chooses 48 people a year to come live with him on his ranch in Wyoming for 21 days to train as a trial lawyer. I was fortunate enough to have been chosen to attend this program and completed it in 2001.
* Member of the only two Washington State DUI organizations that you must be voted into – the Washington Foundation for Criminal Justice and the Northwest Academy of DUI Defense. Combined, these two organizations have under 25 members of people considered of the highest caliber of representing those accused of Washington State DUIs.
* Most importantly, I have had great success in helping people accused of DUI. I pride myself (and gauge how well I am doing) by the number of thank you notes and emails I receive from my clients. I feel proud in saying that I regularly receive these.
* “Rising Star” recipient recognized by peers in Washington Law & Politics Magazine.
* "Superb Lawyer" and 10 out of 10 rating on Avvo.
* Awarded "Champion of Justice Award" by the Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
* Quoted in CBS News published article regarding work on Draeger Alcotest 9510 breath test machine.
* I have spent the last few years engaged in intensive litigation over the Draeger Alcotest 9510. I have played a major role in developing the future of DUI defense in Washington. I have spent hundreds, and maybe thousands, of hours studying the Draeger and developing litigation strategies.
* I am regularly asked to train other lawyers in defending DUI's.
* I have worked hard to develop a reputation as a zealous advocate for my clients. I maintain professional and civil working relationships with prosecutors which helps me immensely in negotiations. However, prosecutors know my reputation as a creative and aggressive litigator when my client does not get an acceptable offer.
* I am the current legislative liaison for the Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. For the past four legislative sessions, I have represented the rights of those accused of impaired driving during the legislative process. The laws regarding impaired driving are constantly changing so I am on the cutting edges since I am typically present when the law originates.
* I am on the board for the Citizens of Judicial Excellent, a political action committee, which supports candidates which are fair, smart, and respectful to our clients, and oppose those who do not have these qualities.
As our paralegal, Ana helps us stay organized and on time. She is the person who greets you on the phone and helps with many of the details of your case.
While we try and speak to you in person when you call, if we are in court, Nandi is the one who will make sure your questions are answered.
Ana has a masters in criminal justice from Central Washington University.