Drivers License Questions

(206) 467-3190
Burg & Lantz: WA DUI Defense
Burg & Lantz: WA DUI Defense

Give Us A Call: 206-467-3190

We have helped hundreds of people who are in a similar situation to you fight their WA DUI charges.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

License Suspension Questions

Will I lose my license and can I try to prevent this?

If you were arrested for DUI, physical control, or minor DUI, you are likely facing a suspension or revocation of your license through the Department of Licensing.

You should consult with an experienced attorney as soon as possible after your arrest for advice. In addition, certain criminal convictions will result in a license revocation or suspension.

An experienced attorney can advise you if you may be facing a license suspension or revocation in your case.

If I lose my license, when do I have to stop driving?

If you are convicted of a crime that carries a mandatory license suspension or revocation, the Department of Licensing must give you at least 30 days notice of the start date of your suspension.

Ignition Interlock Licenses keep you driving.

Here are some short answers about the availability of temporary or restricted drivers licenses. You can also learn more by clicking on the ignition interlock page we wrote.

I lost my license but really need to drive for work, can I get some sort of special permission to drive for work?

Possibly. If you were convicted of a non-DUI or physical control charge you may be eligible for an Occupational Restricted License which will allow you to drive for work purposes. If your license was suspended or revoked due to a DUI or physical control charge you may be eligible for an ignition interlock license.

I am a single parent and need to drive with my children, is there any way to allow for this?

Yes, you can drive with an ignition interlock license.

I have medical problems and need to be able drive to doctor appointments, can I do this?

Yes, you can drive with an ignition interlock license.

Do I have to tell my insurance company that I might lose my license?

No. There is no legal requirement for you to do this.

Will this affect my insurance?

Generally, a license suspension or revocation will require you to obtain high risk (SR-22) insurance to reinstate your license. You must also carry SR-22 insurance if you wish to apply for a Temporary Restricted License or an Ignition Interlock License.


Facing a DUI Charge in Washington State?

Give Us A Call: 206-467-3190

We will not try to "hard sell" you.

Finally, we will not try to “hard sell” you to hire us. We know choosing an attorney is a big decision and one you must make carefully – not under pressure. Because an effective attorney-client relationship requires a lot of communication and trust, we really only want to represent people who feel comfortable with us and have complete confidence in our abilities. If you don't, then you have the right to an attorney that you do feel would be a better fit.

Thank you for taking the time to look through this web site. Please contact us if you would like to meet and further discuss how we may assist you.

Contact US Today

Burg & Lantz is committed to answering your questions about DUI or physical control law in Washington.

We offer a Free Initial Consultation and we'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today at 206-467-3190 to schedule an appointment.