Release Questions About WA State DUI Cases

Burg/Fulton: Trusted, Experienced, Ready to Help!
Burg/Fulton: Trusted, Experienced, Ready to Help!

Give Us A Call: 206-467-2607

We have helped hundreds of people who are in a similar situation to you fight their charges.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I was very polite and cooperative with the officer, will this help my case?

While it is certainly easier for your attorney to negotiate for a good deal when you treated the arresting officer with respect, often people waive important rights and provide incriminating evidence in the context of “being cooperative.” You can, and should, very politely tell the officer that you wish to speak with an attorney and do not waive any rights.

I have no criminal history, will this help my case?

Having a clean criminal history and a clean (or relatively clean) driving record can help in negotiating your case. Your criminal history, or lack of history, would generally not be relevant if your case went to trial.

The officer did not take me to jail and even gave me a ride home, does this mean I won't be charged?

Absolutely not. This is common practice with some law enforcement agencies and it has no bearing on the filing of charges.

Will the officer write a police report and can I get a copy?

Yes. The officer will write a police report and you may review a copy. The easiest way to view this report is for your attorney to make a discovery request. The prosecutor must provide this report to your attorney.

The officer did not give me a ticket or any paperwork when I was released, what does this mean?

It means that you will receive a notice in the mail of when and where your first court date is scheduled. If you were arrested for DUI, physical control, or Minor DUI you should talk to an attorney as soon as possible as you will likely need to request a hearing with the Department of Licensing even if the officer did not give you written notice.

Facing a DUI Charge in Washington State?

Give Us A Call: 206-467-2607