Give Us A Call: 206-467-2607
We have helped hundreds of people who are in a similar situation to you fight their WA DUI charges.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A Washington DUI or physical control arrest can have devastating consequences for a driver with a commercial driver's license (CDL).
If you have a CDL and have been arrested for a Washington DUI or physical control charge, you are facing a period of CDL disqualification ranging from one year to life.
This is true even if you were arrested while driving a personal, non-commercial vehicle.
Federal and State DUI Laws
The laws governing Washington CDLs are found in the Uniform Commercial Driver's License Act (RCW 46.25. et. seq.).
Over the past few years, the UCDLA has undergone a number of significant changes to keep Washington in line with Federal laws governing commercial vehicles and drivers.
These changes include increasing the consequences for commercial drivers arrest for various crimes – even when these crimes occurred in non-commercial vehicles.
A CDL holder arrested for DUI or physical control faces a disqualification for a minimum of one year for:
- Loss of an administrative hearing pursuant to RCW 46.20.308 under the implied consent law.
- A conviction for driving while under the influence of alcohol or any drug.
- A conviction for minor driving after consuming alcohol.
- Loss of an administrative hearing pursuant to RCW 46.25.120.
- A conviction for driving a commercial vehicle with an alcohol concentration of 0.04 or more.
- A conviction for leaving the scene of an accident (hit and run attended and unattended).
A CDL holder will be disqualified for life for two or more of the above violations arising from two or more separate incidents.